Friday, September 21, 2007

The Polka Dotted Girl

Standing at metro station i was waiting for Aditya to deliver him CAT study material which i bought for him from nai sarak.Actually he called me up in the morning and asked me if i can buy a CAT package for him since he was really busy and someone needed the package urgently.At the back of my mind i thought how can this CAT package be so urgent for someone since i was struggling to pay it some respect from past two years with no success. Anyways we fixed up to meet at metro station, and here i am standing a good 30 minutes before the slated time since i overestimated the time taken for a walk to nai sarak from my place.

It was my fast today and so the walk through the busy lanes of old Delhi was difficult one, not because i was starving or tired but because the streets are home to hundreds of mouth watering snacks from fruit chaat to kulfi faloda to aalo tikki, and i was unable to relish them due to my fast.Finally i reached the metro station and since i had nothing else to do i started reading an ebook from my mobile (well this has become one of my habit to start reading books while waiting for people and afterwards the books keeps waiting for me.)

I was sitting on the last step of the station's staircase, reading Hilary Clinton's Living History and the lines read 'through a time of profound change and upheaval for women' when someone walked down the stairs leaving a trail of most pleasant perfume i have ever smelled. I looked up and it was a girl wearing black top and a blue short skinny jeans , flaunting a trendy belt around her waist.Her hairstyle was none less stylish with some short hairs covering her forehead and the rest of them were pulled back by a broad B&W polka dotted hair band(her hair style reminded me of 60's actress Sadhana known for her famous Sadhana-Cut). She was carrying a small Reebok Kit bag over her shoulders and it looked though that she was confused about which way to go.

I tried to show some panache and ran my hand through my hairs only to realize that they were chopped off to a length less than an inch only a few days before.Anyways i returned my vision to my mobile but this time i was just faking the act of reading, actually i was more interested to know if the girl gave me a look or is she trying to ask something.I thought i might get lucky today after all every dog has his day.Within my mind it was like - did she?? did she returned the look..no no..yes yea..yes finally she gave me a look (well that look could easily be called blink and you miss it look).By the time i was busy stealing her glimpses through the edges of my mobile she was talking to someone over her cell.All that i could hear was where are you?...come quickly..i am near the staircase..okie..byee.Must be some girl joining her to visit nai-sarak i thought.

And now when she was going to accost me (yes i can tell that by her looks) probably for asking about the way towards nai-sarak, a boy came runing down the stairs and she waved to him.She said hi to him and they moved towards the ticket counter, but being optimistic i never loose my heart and said to myself 'the boy must be her brother' while they were strolling towards the escalator with the boys arm around her shoulder.Thats the height of optimism isnt it?

Soon both of them vanished from my sight and i was left with my mobile in my hand, bored of reading Living History(as if i have read a lot) i kept it back into my pocket and walked towards the escalators.Aditya arrived soon and i handed him that package.We chatted for some time and then left for our places.While walking back to my place i thought that it was not so lucky day today but the dog would have his day someday and till then khukii remains single..!

Regards,

khukii

7 comments:

Aditya said...

Hi..I jus loved this post man!! you know I was searching for what you provide in your writing that makes it interesting.And I found tht..Its the vividness of the scene and of the thought that you create tht makes one related to any post of yours..keep up the good work..Happy Writing..waitin for more..

take care!

khukii said...

hey thanx aditya..u r always gud at pointing out things and hv always been encouraging friend..and now u r the one who gave me a plot to write this post..have a nice day..

Byee!

Marlee said...

LOL @ ur heights of optimism!

:)

Keep Blogging.

Dipti said...

cute post

i guess all guys are like that..optimistic!

i enjoyed this post

Lapa said...

“PASSANGER IN TRANSIT”

MEET THIS TOP WRITER OF THE PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE.

LITERARY GREETINGS,

NEW LITERARY BLOG
Please, add it to your favourites.

Anonymous said...

Its a treat.It really is . the way u grab the reader's attention with such witty one-liners is just too awsome .Keep up the good work.

-Vinay Bharaj

Anonymous said...

Well written article.